Trekking and Hiking
Israel is a perfect place for hiking and trekking. Its variety of landscapes offers a unique outdoor experience which may combine water, green forests, desert, wildlife, and history.
If you are a hiking person, you may add trails almost on your every tour day in Israel. These are easily accessible. There are plenty of short hikes (please inquire). A few good options for moderate trails:
- Zavitan canyon trail on the Golan Heights (5-6 hours), which includes swimming holes along the way.
- Arbel cliff trail (4-3 hours) in Galilee, which provides beautiful views of the biblical landscape and a bit challenging cliff-descend with ladders.
- Keziv stream trail (4-6 hours) in Galilee
- Arugot stream trail (5 hours) - hiking in an oasis in the Judean Desert
- Masrek nature reserve (2-3 hours) near Jerusalem
- Various hikes in Ramon crater in the Negev desert.
- Mt. Tsfahot hike near Eilat (3 hours) - which provides an incredible view for sunrise with the Red Sea and 3 countries
Overnight trekking became more accessible for tourists in recent years. Food facilities and logistic infrastructure were developed. On many of the treks, we may prefer to book fair quality B&B along the way, thus we will not have to carry tents and could enjoy a nice meal as well as a shower in the night. For trekking in the deep desert, we can hire logistic providers who will bring our equipment from one camp point to the next one. Winter (November to April) is suitable time for trekking in the desert.
Some of the best known treks that we offer guided tours:
- The "Sea to Sea Trek" [3-4 days] - this trek departs from the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and will bring us to the Sea of Galilee, by crossing Galilee from west to east. On the way we will explore the landscape of Keziv stream, the deep canyon of Amud and climb to the summit of Mount Meron (1208m). We will visit an abandon Crusader castle of Montfort and stop for a delicious lunch in the Druze community.
- Zin valley, Ein Akev, Akev peak, Optional: Daroch stream [1-2 days] - this trek will take you into the deep desert of the Negev. We will visit a hidden oasis (Ein Akev), climb to remote mountain in the wilderness and meet the desert nature in its beauty.
- Gishron passage in Eilat mountain [1-2 days] - A beautiful trek in the desert of the Eilat mountains. On the way we will pass from the granite-red rocky landscape to the sharp sediments, and descend down to the Red Sea coast. Being a final part of the famous Israel Trail, this is indeed one the most beautiful treks in the country.